Kaka turns 22!

May 12, 2012

Hi food groupies! Kaka here...

Firstly, I'd like to apologise for this late post - blame Graduation! But anyway, it's here and I have some amazing Japanese food to share with you! :D



I celebrated my 22nd birthday last April 17. I gotta say, this was probably the most low-key birthday celebration I've ever had. I had lunch with my parents and big bro at Hokkaido Restaurant & Bar. I usually only go here when I want a delicious dinner, and when I can afford it. It's a bit on the expensive side, but I was happily surprised when they gave us a special lunch menu. I ordered my favorite Pork Katsu as a lunch set - it came with a bowl of rice, miso soup, & a side salad. Here's photos of my meal:

I always love the side salad, something about their dressing  makes it  oh-so-good!
my Pork Katsu! <3
My big bro had the Sukiyaki lunch set- it's like Chinese Hot Pot except it's for one person only. The lunch set included sushi, and bite-size pieces of fried fish, oh and a salad! haha

This is how they serve the Sukiyaki. Check out those rolled-up raw beef!
crumbed fish! :D
 Mum & Dad had some sushi, prawn tempura and tried something new

dad's sushi - actually, the little tree on dad's sushi plate...
can't go to a Japanese resto and not have tempura!
Salmon cooked on a hot plate with capsicum and melted cheese on top.
Eggplant with melted cheese on top. Yea, we like cheese ;)

After lunch, we went home to have some "cake". It was a great lunch though! It was good to spend time bonding with my family over a nice lunch. Shouting for everyone also felt good! All these (and more, not in the photo) only came to around NZ$100.00 - for 4 people that's pretty cheap...Here's a photo of my cake! I'm not really a cake person so I got us a dozen donuts from Dunkin' Donuts instead! :D

Isn't the one with the chocolate fish cute? :D
Then we had a bit of a photo shoot out in our backyard before I had to go to work. Yes, I worked on my birthday. haha.

Verdict: Two thumbs up for Hokkaido! I give them 4 spoons for consistent good customer service every time I go there, having great ambiance, and serving the meals within a reasonable amount of time...oh and I forgot to say their food tastes amazing!

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a website for Hokkaido :( But if you're interested, here's directions to the one I frequent:


Love,

2 comments: