Zap - Authentic Thai Cuisine

June 04, 2011

Hello Food Groupies,

Welcome to the first installment of our food reviews. Yum yum yum!

Quick Review:



Tata's Meal: PAD GOLDEN CHICKEN ($13.00)
Stir fried egg noodles with tomato sauce, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots & onion

One more look!

Close up! Zooom!

On to my review! I ordered the Golden Chicken Pad Thai. I didn't enjoy the fat egg noodles as much as I thought I would. I think I should stick with egg noodles next time. The sauce was extremely sweet and didn't flatter my taste buds at all. If there was a bit more taste rather than an overdose of sweetness I think I would have appreciated it more. 

Verdict: I would recommend this to people who like gigantic servings of over sweetened noodles. But for me, I'm not going to be ordering this soon. So Booooooo Golden Pad Thai, Booooo!

On the other hand, I will try this place again, I've been here before and I actually enjoyed my meal. Even if I wasn't able to finish it. (I never finish it anyway, the servings are gigantic!)

<3,




Hi! Kaka here :)

This was my first time to eat at Zap. I was very excited to try my Chicken & Prawn Pad Thai. Tata has been hyping this place to me for ages. So I was really looking forward to a mouth-gasm! Here's some photos of my meal:

Kaka's Meal: PAD TAI PRAWNS ($16.00)
Stir fried rice noodles with egg, bean sprouts, spring onion, and tofu & crushed peanuts.

Same angle, different look.

Same angle, different look. Maybe. Haha!

Looks good right? I'd have to say that it was good but not great. It was a bit disappointing when i had my first bite since it was a bit on the bland side. I also noticed how there was a total of THREE prawns in it. For a Chicken & Prawn meal i expected more. I still ate it all though, I was starving that night! lol That being said, the noodles was very nicely cooked, and their service was wonderful. The interior had lots of cultural decorations and the ambiance was just right.

Verdict: I wouldn't recommend the Chicken & Prawn Pad Thai, maybe next time we dine here, I'll try a different meal and we'll see how Zap goes from there. For now, I give Zap a "MEH".

Aspiring food guru,


Yes we like taking pictures.



That's it! Farewell! Till we dine again!

Want to eat here too? Here are the details!

Zap - Thai Restaurant
10 Commerce St. Auckland CBD
Visit their website to learn more about their menu.


No comments:

Post a Comment